Sunday, September 7, 2008

Catch Up

Our big trip for the summer was towards the end of July. Cheri's family reunion in Duck Creek Village, southern Utah. We spent four days in this lodge right off the 14 between I-10 and the 89. It was great! All eight families got their own room and even with 6 babies under a year it wasn't chaotic or stressful. Amazing. We also went to Zion's park for a day. I had never been there, at least not that I remember. My family traveled a fair amount when I was younger, but unless there was a picture to remind me I was too young to have any real memories of a lot of them. Of course, we found a basketball court at a local chapel. We even picked up some liquid nitrogen to make our ice cream.

After the reunion we went to Provo to visit Grandma and Grandpa Gunn. Mom, Dad, Kerri and Heidi and their families showed up that night. So, we kind of had another mini reunion. It was so good to be in Provo again. We couldn't live there unless I was getting a masters or something but we have a lot of memories. I got to see my friends from where I worked. It seems everytime I show up we have a new baby. We also got to visit with Grant and Kelly which was especially nice. With the economy the way it is and how bad the housing market has turned in Queen Creek, the overall attitude is depressing. So it was 'so refreshing' to get out and be somewhere with people where hope isn't a faint idea hard to hold onto.

Well, if you've made it this far then you deserve to rewared with some pictures to tell the story, unless of course you are one of those that just skims over stuff until the pictures show up.

Here is a picture of Keara and Victoria (Grant and Kelly's) dancing to the piano music at the Gunn's in Provo.
Then check the slideshow below. Keara and Carter had a lot of fun together this trip. They are still content playing next to each other rather than with each other but they definitely enjoyed the other being close by.

4 comments:

Marissa said...

Looks like so much fun - so neat that everyone could come.

Molly said...

I'm pretty sure the water in Hollister erased all our memories. I'm with you on the picture thing--if we don't have it in pictures, I don't remember going. :) Glad to see you guys are doing well!

Kelly said...

I love that picture! Can you email it to us?
I wish we lived closer so that we could get together more often.

Danica Osborn said...

Cheri and Braden! How fun to have found your blog. You have such gorgeous girls--looks like you're doing really well. I'm going to add you as a friend, it'll be fun to keep updated on you guys. Take care!