Sunday, September 28, 2008

TOP 7

To make up for my long hiatus from blogging I decided to spoil you all with not just some new and events but also to open up a little. Cheri did a favorite things lists a while back so I am going to do the same. Yes I have more than seven, but it will do for now.


7) NUMBERS - I don't know if this really qualifies as a favorite thing but I do have a thing with numbers, hence the top seven list vs a top 10 or top 5, also why I am hoping to get into finance.
6) READING - Two kinds really, and they fall into almost exact opposites. a) I like the fantasy genre, like Lord of the Rings, the stories of kings, wizards, swords and magic. I know, sounds very nerdy but I am able to get completely immersed in those kinds of books and finish a 300 page book in 2-3 days. b) On the other hand I like history, hence the history major at BYU. I like to discover the interesting facts and side stories that accompanied the main history of today's modern civilizations. I say the two are almost exact opposites because one is completely made up and the other is completely factual. However, the made up ones are based on the factual ones in terms of dialogue, society, culture, and warefare.

5) SERVICE - It seems to always be harder to receive it from someone but there are few things more satisfying, that just give you that good feeling ,than when you give service not expecting anything in return.

4) YARD WORK - I love having a house finally because I can do what I want to our yard. It's something I picked up from always helping my dad growing up. If it wasn't so hot and we had a little bit more money I could spend all day in the yard reworking are building something new.
3) COOKING - I'm not like Cheri because I don't like to experiment by creating my own recipes. But I love trying new things and then tweaking the recipes according to what I know I already like. I'm always bringing home a recipe from work written on a scrap of paper that I copied from the newspaper or some magazine. Again it breaks down into two categories. a) Breakfast foods. b) Desserts. I not into the making the main course stuff though I still bring those kind of recipes home for Cheri to figure out.


Puffy Oven Pancake as most people call it, but this one has a brown sugar and apple bottom, which when done right, not like the picture where the apples rose to the top, can make a nice carmalized bottom.

2) SPORTS - Like anyone didn't know this was going to be on the list. To get more specific about it. I like to follow sports and the statistical and historical sense. I don't care as much about watching every game as I like finding out who won and who is leading the league in wins, steals, TDs, blocks, whatever. I like rooting for the team that has been down for several years or hasn't wone the title in forever. That's why I picked up on the Red Sox, though I would have to say I am more of a D-Backs fan in baseball. In football its the BEARS and basketball the SUNS. It's hard to say who I like more between the last two. I've been spoiled living here and being surrounded by SUNS talk so I might say the BEARS are my favorite since I don't get a lot of them and I never been to a game. Whereas when we were in Utah and everything was the JAZZ I missed my SUNS just as much as the BEARS.



1) - read the next post.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Good posts Braden!

The Burgoynes said...

I love that you love numbers, Braden.